Review the 6 Cs of Pull to Paint
Or Contact Us
For a One on One Call, to Schedule Training, or Simply Ask Us a Question
- Thoroughly clean panel with Keystone CRS (Cleaning Release Solution)
- Use wax stripper degreaser when required for wax, tar, grease, etc..
- Polish very dirty panel to allow visibility & improve adhesion.
- Clean again with CRS after degreaser or polish.
- Clean Tabs with CRS.
- Type & Extent of Damage (Use Light!)
- Material of panel; Steel, HSS, Aluminum
- Panel Temp. – 75-80F Optimum
- Glue Temp. – High, Smoking Hot
- Glue should be hot enough to drip easily (Be careful!)
- Corded glue gun has the greatest throughput, use it for big jobs
- Select tab shaped like dent
- Tab must be smaller than crowns(highs) of dent
- Use rigid tabs on shallow dents
- Use flex tabs on deep dents
- If Body lines present in dent, select tab shaped like body line
Ice tabs are strongest, blue tabs flex a bit & tougher
- Fill surface of the glue tab
- Place lightly on the panel
- Wait for glue to solidify
- Time changes with tab type, temperature.
Pull the Lows
Knockdown the Highs
Sanding, Filling, and Painting!